Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Found a Gretsch snare in the garage...

Not entirely sure what it's doing in there.

Looks like a 14x5. Definitely a metal shell. It has the first octagon badge (the one that reads "That Great Gretsch Sound" at the bottom). I'm guessing it's the Chrome Nitron finish. Serial number is 2001. Model number is 4108T. It also has this dampening mechanism mounted in the shell...

Unfortunately it's pretty beat up. There are quite a few scratches and scuffs on the shell. The hoops are definitely aged with some staining of some sort and I'm missing 9 of 16 tension rods. On the bright side, the lugs, throw off and damping thing seem to be in good shape - both functionally and cosmetically.

I'm not expecting it to have a high dollar value in its current condition; I was really more interested in playing it. Though, if it?s worth it, I'll restore it and sell it!

I would like to know what kind of metal the shell is, when the drum was manufactured and what its value would be in good condition.

I can post pics if you like.

Thank you!

<3 .

Posted on 18 years ago

Quoted post

I would like to know what kind of metal the shell is, when the drum was manufactured and what its value would be in good condition. I can post pics if you like.Thank you!<3 .

The shell is brass and the drum is early 70's judging by the low serial number . Not a rare drum by any means . Good condition and all original exc. heads & wires ( a few dings & some light to med. scratches ) it's worth around $ 200 .

1963 Gretsch Progressive Jazz Champagne Sparkle
1967 Ludwig Super Classic Oyster Blue Pearl
Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute Burgundy Spkl. bop
etc...
Posted on 18 years ago

Awesome. That's what I wanted to know!

It's worth slapping some heads on I suppose. = )

Thank you!

<3 .

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here