Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.05219%

follow up on the yamaha snare

model number SD855TC.. TC? it could be touring custom? does yamaha really have a touring custom? Ive read a some articles on yamaha and i think i came across a touring custom model... im not that sure though.....

is there really a touring custom model? what wood is it? i hope its a high end drum...

more power to this site!!! :)

Posted on 18 years ago

I had a set of Tour Custom and they were below the Recording Series at that time. They had a smaller rounded lug. The lowest level Yamaha

at that time had a 1/2 V shaped lug and of course the Recording Series had long lugs.

Yes, very nice drums and I will get you a shell configuration when I pull the catalog.

David

Posted on 18 years ago

ok thanks!!!

I would love to know added info on the number of plies and more importantly what wood it is... also the value of the snare.

I did a little research and I found out the the lugs on a tour custom were small, my lugs are long and rectangular in shape.

ill be waiting for expert info on this...

Drummers rule!!!!!

Posted on 18 years ago

That is correct the toms and bass drum had the small lugs, but the snares did not they had long square lugs.

My 85 catalog does not list that model number, but I would gather they are the same drum. They all say Birch shells for the snare drums.

The toms and bass drums were made of "top grade birch and mahogany"

From what I gather with the catalog the last number in the serial number is the snare depth. So based on that your drum is a 5 1/2??

I hope that helps

David

Posted on 18 years ago

you are correct! the snare depth is 5.5!

its also nice to know that the shells are all birchfor the snare. thank you so much for your light on this...

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here