Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Floor tom leg mounts - Camco - need replacements

Hope someone can help me out on this one. I've just bought an 18" Camco LA floor tom on ebay. Tough item to find and am very happy. It has, however, no legs or, more importantly, no leg mounts.

Somewhere down the line I am hoping to find four (yes, the 18"s had four) original leg mounts but until then (and let's face it, this is a looooong term aim) I need to find something instead that will not require redrilling (which clearly I would never do) so I can actually play the damn thing (my motivation for buying it in the first place). Some kind of RIMS solution could work but I want it to look like the rest of the 13, 16, 22 kit in midnight blue pearl (photo in the "pix" section) and that would kind of require conventional "old fashioned" mounts on the drum.

The Camco mounts were 2 1/4" (57mm) from the centres of one screw to the other. I thought Tama ones would fit but, at an irritatingly close 2 1/16" (52mm), they are just not close enough.

Can anyone suggest something here+ DW is my first thought (anyone having a kit, feel free to measure the fitting) but I'm really up for anything that works (this is a short term solution).

Obviously an arduous trawling of the various manufacturers' websites will probably get me an answer but I just know some kind soul in here has that information at their fingertips so.....bring it on (please).

Cheers,

David in Stockholm

Posted on 17 years ago

OK answering my own thread - old Slingerland and the recently deleted Premier floor tom mounts both fit the Camco (and the other way around though can't really imagine anyone paying 200USD+ for Camco mounts when they can find something cheaper). Hoping Dunnett's revamped George Way line will use the old legs and mounts when they come.....put an end to these insane spares prices.

Posted on 17 years ago

I have a midwest based contact for you. I'll PM it.

Gary

Dix Hills, NY

http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/ee19/sabshga/

http://www.myspace.com/garysabshon

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here