Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

Flitz polish will it leave discoloration on Slingy wrapped finishes?

Hi, I'd like to take the dust off the lugs on my Slingerland 70's Black Beauty wrap kit.

I usually just use water and a microfiber cloth. I don't want to remove any hardware . I was thinking of using water and then using Flitz polish . Has any one accidently gotten Flitz on wrapped finishes? The directions say it is ok on plexiglass , but I don't want to try this if it will alter the look of the wrap in any way. What do you use for cleaning wraps?

Slingerland 70's Black 12,13,14,16,22 Black and Silver Niles

Slingerland 66 BDP 12,12,16,20 COB Gene Krupa snare

Posted on 11 years ago

I would recommend Novus 1 for light cleaning of plastic wraps.

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 11 years ago

Thank you ,backbeatkeeper

Posted on 11 years ago

Tape off the shell around the lugs with blue painters tape if your worried. 3M makes a low tack version without a lot of adhesion. This will help keep the Fliz off the wrap and allow you to polish the lugs without worry.

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 11 years ago

ive used it and no problems

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here