Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

Flatjacks kit wanted

I have been looking for a full set of 60's Flatjack kit. Any condition. I took lessons from the inventor,Ralph Kester in the mid 60's and played on one of these kits.

Thanks,

jmt

Posted on 16 years ago

Hello, Was really excited when I read you were looking for a set to purchase. I purchased mine in Scottsdale, Arizona in 1966 used. My set is complete with the exception of the snare which I lost track of in Arizona when I re-located to Vancouver, British Columbia in 1970. If you took lessons from Ralph you would then be able to give me and other owners a better understanding of the history behind these unusual kits. I have photos I have taken when I was wanting an appraisal on them last year. I would be interested in selling them if I can get a fair price for them. Jason Ward at vintagedrums.com did an appraisal which I thought was low because he had nothing to compare my set to. If you go to his web site he will attest to the outstanding condition of my set it is as follows: Bass Drum 22 inch, Small Tom is 14inch, Medium Tom is16 inches, and Floor Tom is 18 inches. Any further questions e-mail me @ [email]fauxpainter50@hotmail.com[/email]. Looking forward to speaking with you!!!

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here