Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

flake/glitter finish?

Hello all.

like to start by saying im new here and glad to be a member. i have already seen some great threads and learned a thing or two in the ways of maintenence.

i have a vintage yamaha kit that i have unwrapped down to the bare shell and was wondering if anyone has any thoughts/tips on doing a glass/flake/glitter finish on them. I love the look and was wondering if a finish was possible rather than a wrap. I really have no experience in this, but i love gold glass flake kits, champagne glass/flake kits and amber glass/flake kits. also, i dont really know the difference between a glass,flake or glitter finish to be honest. looking forward to learning some more. thanks.

Posted on 12 years ago

Here is what I did,

http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=25786&highlight=copper+sparkle

Got the flakes from

paintwithpearl.com

Jeff C

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 12 years ago

almost forgot, welcome ! glad to have you.

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 12 years ago

Welcome to the fourm.

Here is one that someone from the Pearl Drummers Forum did a few years a ago. Like JCCabinets, it also turned out great.

http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/showthread.php?196050-Refinishing-drums-in-silver-sparkle

Posted on 12 years ago

welcome this is da place

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 12 years ago

Welcome to the forum! Post some pictures for us so we can see what you're up against.

Wow JC, I missed your original post on those, but they look great!

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here