Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Fixing/Flattening Ludwig B/O badge

Hello!

I’m refinishing an early 70s Ludwig kit and need to do a little work on one of the badges before re-installing it. Of the 3, one is a little beat and could use some flattening. I think an obvious choice is probably putting it in a vise with some protection of some kind for a few days, but I figured I’d ask around here and see what you all have done in the past that worked for you. Aside from flattering it out, do you have any other suggestions for prepping these badges to back on the drums? They’re all a little scuffed, but I kind of like that. I just want them to sit well on the drum.

See pics below.

Thanks!

Posted on 4 years ago

I did a couple by laying them face down on a smooth hard surface and carefully rubbing a wooden spoon across the back, avoiding serial numbers. Do not press too hard or you'll leave impressions from the passes... your are 'smoothing' it from the back. It will have a tendency to slightly curl/ which works okay as it will match the curvature of the shell. Good luck- go slow!

Posted on 4 years ago

Put the badge on a face cloth on the shell, no grommet, then take a roller skate and roll it out with the wheel.press hard on it and use the thick cloth. If you have a rubber roofing seam roller, use that or a thick dowel.

You couldn't beat up that badge any more if you tried.......!i Roll it out.

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 4 years ago
Action Another action Something else here