Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Fixing weak Japanese floor tom legs?

I just bought a Pearl Japanese Red Sparkle kit and noticed that the floor tom legs are very weak. I can wiggle them back and forth and If I apply any weight to the drum the legs slip and the drum slides to the floor.

Does anyone have a quick and cheap solution to fix this other than buying new brackets?

Thanks for any help.

Posted on 14 years ago

memory locks!

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 14 years ago

Even cheaper than that....

Hose clamps!

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 14 years ago

Hose clamps work great - I use them on my floor tom and I like just a little tilt and have adjusted the hose clamps on each leg to make that happen at each set-up. I always have the same tilt every time....

Posted on 14 years ago

I use a simple Pearl model (modern) memory lock for all my floor tom legs- they are about 2$ a piece at the most and last a lifetime. It does not really reflect as "cheap" in my opinion, that the FT legs can loosen- in the old days I think they did not have the concept of "drums as strong as iron". Look at even great pedals and stands from all makers back in the 60s - lots of stuff was quite delicate.

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here