Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

fitting Puresound zoomatic wires

Hi all

I have read a previous post with the same title but I'm afraid I'm still having problems. I'm not sure how extended butt assembly is supposed to be configured, I'd have thought the tubular bracket on the extended butt would have to lie at the same height as the bearing edge to work with extended snare wires as otherwise the snare wires bow. I have read the other post but I really need the installation diagrams which for some reason have been taken off the puresound website. I've emailed puresound to ask if they could put the installation instructions back up, but they haven't replied.

If anyone has any pictures of correctly installed puresound zoomatic snare wires to post, I would be extremely gratefull!

Thanks for your time

Posted on 16 years ago

Thanks for the question... The good news is I did all of that work for Puresound... The bad news is that when the company changed hands all of it is removed from his web site... What can you say about a large corporation taking over a small company...

I did have it on the old server, but did not move it to the new server, so it is also all gone from there as well.

The computer that I originally did that work on is now gone...

Sad, so much time and effort went into that project...

The good news, is that I have it on disk some where and I will see if I can find it. (I hope)

If I can find it, I will post it for you...

But yes, the wires will bow when the strainer is released.. If they bow when they strainer is on, then the metal tab on the butt side was not bent enough to conform to the bar..

David

Posted on 16 years ago

Hi David

Thanks very much David, If you do find it, that will be a massive help to me and probably lots of other people too. Does the tab bit fit on the bearing edge, or over it (as in beyond the drum shell)?

Thanks again

Chris

Posted on 16 years ago

Woohoo! after 40 discs I found it!

Click Here

I have to fix this up, but here it is

David

Posted on 16 years ago

aahh

Thats going to be a great help to every Slingerland owner with extended snare wires! Beats me why they took all that information off anyway.

Thanks David

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here