Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

First Rebuilding Project

Hi, everyone! I'm new here, and joined at the invitation of my friend jonnistix. I bought this set at a garage sale probably 13 years ago, and havent't played them in probably 10 years. They sound grear, believe it or not, but have 10 years of garage grunge on them, and are pitted up pretty good.

The snare is 5x14, and the brand is Kent. It's I guess a gold sparkle?

The rest of the set is red sparkle, and the sizes are:

8x12, 16x15 (16 being the diameter), and 14x22.

My original intent was to just clean them up and rebuild them enough to play while restoring my Ludwig Standard kit. (Pics to come soon.) I've already learned a lot by reading various posts and articles here. I've basically got three questions, and would appreciate any and all responses.

1). Do you all think it would be worth it to really put forth the effort to clean the set up to new or like new condition? Not as an investment, but to have a really sweet looking and sounding set?

2). How important are badges? If I really wanted to customize this kit, would it be kosher to put my own name/logo on it?

3). I know Kent was a British drum company, but does anyone know anything about Cortley? The lugs kind f look like old Rogers lugs.

Thanks!

1 attachments
Posted on 9 years ago

Here are the rest of the pictures. Had trouble uploading from phone.

3 attachments
Posted on 9 years ago

Welcome to the forum!

1) Up to you. Drums restored to as new will function as opposed to untouched rusty crap that can and will fail. Patina issues aside.

2) The badges are very important in most cases. Figure -75% of the value lost if removed. Kent from what I read is a good kit. Should be preserved when possible.

3) Can't help.

Posting some pictures will assist all in helping you out.

Creighton

Nothing special here but I like them.
Posted on 9 years ago

Thanks, Creighton both for the welcome and the responses. I had trouble getting them all to upload from my phone, so had to email them to myself and upload them from my hard drive. Appreciate your input and insight!

Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here