Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.45720%

First post

Not sure where to start for my first post....so here I go.....I'm 56, took some time off from playing to raise a family, now I'm in the studio, go figure that out. I played in at least 5 bands, the most profitable was a wedding type band that made me enough money to buy (cash) my first house, so music has been good. My dad was a professional drummer, even got some drum lessons from Gene Krupa when he was younger, Gene gave him several cymbals, which I now own. My dad played a Ludwig set with calve skins, which I wish I had (like I wish I had my first car a 1969 Chevelle) I now play a 1960 Buddy Rich Slingerland while Pearl set, with Vintage A Zildjian cymbals, 20" med ride/20" thin crash/18" thin crash...for kicks a 12" zenjian splash. I retired my ghost pedel for a DW5000 (double) for now using as a single. still trying to adjust it to give me some resistance, its too washy for me as it is. I'm told their are several adjustments on it, so I need to play around a little. My problem as of now is trying to find (add) some mid range crash 14-16 range. I tried the new ones out and they are too bright, and pingy for me. I notice on e bay many vintage old zildjian for sale real CHEAP, I wondered if could get some advice how to shop on e bay...I think their are some bargins....thanks in advance..G

Lots of Slingerland drums
70's Pearl Fiberglass Ivory
Posted on 16 years ago

I always recommend buying used cymbals on ebay...there are lots of '60s and '70s A. Zildjians that go for way less than new or even used cymbals at a store.

You can usually buy them for less than $100 each...you get to try them for a while...and when you get ones you don't like, you can usually get most (if not more, if you're good at listing) of your money back when you sell them again.

Posted on 16 years ago

I agree with RichK ebay can find some good deals but I have had better luck with craigslist.com. You have to be lucky some times, but I have assembled a nice collection of cymbals (most not vintage) for a song on CL.

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here