Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

First Post! Vintage Tama Superstar snare

Hey guys!

Glad to join Vintage Drum Forum!

I've been trying to find info on this snare i got, its a Vintage metal, s/n 89,118 Tama Superstar snare, the snare part does extend over the rims edge like the others, but its floating rather than with rollers.

I know this is a really nice snare, but I'm not sure of its value and im trying to sell it. :confused::confused:

Any help much appreciated!

Tony

Posted on 15 years ago

Here are some pics,

Cheers.

Posted on 15 years ago

Looks like a King Beat. Seems to be missing the front screw and the throw lever. Nice snare. Seriously.

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Heavy-duty hoops, Japanese badge....early '80's (?)

It is a pretty nice one, I agree...[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

That's what I see Jaye. This was a seriously nice steel jobber offered by Tama at about the same time I ordered my Imperialstar Monster kit. I love this snare. It's got great tone, incredible dynamics, excellent adjustments, and serious hoops. GREAT score Tony! You will love love love that snare.

Unfortunately, I have no idea on value. Just hang on to it. They don't come around that often and you will dig playing it. It will become your main banger.

Posted on 15 years ago

If you want to sell it or trade it, I might be interested. The problem is, I seriously have NO idea about worth. I know you wouldn't get money equivalent to performance. No doubts.

Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks for the responses! I would love to hold on to it but I'm moving over to New Zealand and it would be an expensive move bringing my kit with me.

Oh yeah, my kit!

Check out my other post! ( Pink Pearl Fiberglass) More pics!

Rock on,

Tony.

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

I got one similar, but mine was badged imperialstar. Looked just the same though - die-cast hoops SERIOUSLY heavy. I tuned it high and it rang a lot - I've never experienced a big snare that rang that much!

Wish I'd have kept hold of it, as I could of used it more effectively in a different scenario. I sold it on E-bay in the end acouple of years ago - not mega bucks, but around £50-£60 I seem to recall. Though yours is a super, so that might make a lot of difference.

PS - On the bizzare chance that you know anyone who may have the Narcosis discography on Earache, I'm playing it on the tracks from live split with Brutal Truth and TFD.

Tama Superstar, 22, 22, 16, 14, 13 Desert Burst
Premier Genista, 22, 16, 13, 12 Black Lacquer
Premier Genista, 20, 14, 10 and snare Black Lacquer
Premier Resonator 22, 16, 14, 13 poly creme/black
Zickos 22, 16, 14, 13, clear acrylic and snare
Posted on 15 years ago

oh yeah, this snare is super heavy, and i know what you mean about the ring, you can get some really nice tones out of this snare hitting it around the edges.

No idea about the Narcosis Earache. But to compare the sound of this snare,

listen to TORTOISE's 1st self-titled album, I tuned mine to sound similar.

Thanks again for the replies, keep em' comming! I would love to hear a good judgement on this snares value. Cool1

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here