Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

First Kits: Thunder Drums, then Tama Rockstar

So...

My first two kits were a "Thunder" kit in a plain black wrap, and an early-mid 90's Tama Rockstar DX in a Royal Blue wrap.

The Thunder kit was probably from the late 70's or 80's? It had Metal bass drum hoops. Smooth white "Thunder" logo heads all around...both sides....of everything. Rectangular aluminum badges that said THUNDER in a slight italic font. All caps. 20/12/13/16 with COS snare. Traditional depths.

The Tama was an early to mid-90's 22/12/13/16. Royal Blue w/ COS snare and the mach lugs. See the pic below. Huge power toms. Probably 11x12 and 12x13 up top. Steel hoops on the bass drum. Aluminum colored badges with black Tama Rockstar DX on them.

I am sorta wondering if anyone has either of these kits laying around that they want to get rid of for cheap. Its the classic case of trying to find the first drums you had and stupidly sold even though they sucked and still suck in terms of playing. Its just one of those things I would like to have in my collection...I am sure everyone understands!

I would love to hear other's stories of "first" kits and the hunt to track them down! Did you succeed? Still looking?

-Adam

1 attachments
108.2 kB
Posted on 14 years ago

Fun topic Adam -

My first kit was a wood colored cheap-o- drumset made by a company called Drumcraft. I got it from a friend's neighbor - it was in their backyard under about an inch of snow.I believe the kit came with a 20 inch bass drum, a rusty cymbal mounted to the bass drum, and one rack tom. I bought a black CP floor tom and borrowed a friends MIJ red glitter snare drum to complete this kit. The kit looked and sounded horrible, but I was so excited that I didnt have to air drum anymore that I could care less :).

Wish I still had it for memories sake!

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent; it is the one most adaptable to change.” - Charles Darwin
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here