Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

First Kit

I realize that this post has NOTHING to do with vintage kits but since most drummers are knowledgable about drums "in general" I was hoping that I could get some quick responses. Here goes.................

A good friend of mine has a 12 year-old daughter that's very gifted at the keyboard. Recently, she's shown an interest in playing the drums and my friend wants to pick up a "starter kit" for her. His thinking is that if she decides that drumming "isn't for her", he'll only be out a minimal amount of money. If she continues on, he can always upgrade to an American Made "professional style" kit.

He's found a TKO kit and a Percussion Plus kit, both in "like new" condition and both being offered at a minimal amount of money. Since I know absolutely nothing about non-American made drums, "starter kits" or otherwise, I'm trying to find out if there's any difference between the two makes and which one would be a better buy, price considered equal.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS to all in advance for your time and feedback. band2

Posted on 17 years ago

Same type of budget drums.

These are purely beginner sets and priced that way.

They should at least begin the process prior to advancing into more expensive drums.

David

Posted on 17 years ago

David,

THANKS for taking the time to respond to my post.

I appreciate it.

Posted on 17 years ago

If he gets her a starter kit, she will probably think she sounds bad

and is more likely to give up on drumming.

Best idea is to get a used Gretsch Catalina (or new) and some cheap

(preferabley used again) old Zidjian A's.

Quality gear and if she gives up, than he wont lose any money

as opposed to buying new gear. For stands, I would go with Taye.

Very affordable.

Harrison
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here