Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.06263%

finishing for brass snare

hello... i have a dilema and question for all of you... i have a brass snare, that was placed everywhere, so it was tarnished under the laquer... i have Disassemble the drum and clear old laquer with acetone and clean the brass... now i have reahed good looking gold color of brass and need to laquer it again... with what and how? i have read somewhere that polyurethan laqueer is good but al i have is poly laquer that is meanted for laquering the wood... please help

Posted on 13 years ago

All the old lacquer will need to be removed before you can reapply, some will disagree, but there might be a compatability issue with the old lacquer.

You'll need to use Automotive Lacquer, it comes in satin and high gloss. Spray Cans are available.

Posted on 13 years ago

i have removed alll the lod laquer... what is automotive laquer? i didnt find anything about that... can car laquer do? will it aplied on brass? can it be later removed if something goes wrong? thanks

Posted on 13 years ago

what you can do is go to an auto body shop and ask then if they would spray a clear coat on your shell and presto done. probaly might not cost to much if you know a guy

80's 13 pc sonor signature
1979 12 pc ludwig power factory
Posted on 13 years ago

one more thing is clear coat same as clear laquer?

Posted on 13 years ago

Automotive is the same as car

Clear coat is the same as clear lacquer

Clear coat is the name of the top coat of lacquer which has no color added. When cars are painted you have 3 distinct layers: primer, color coat, and clear coat to finish. You just want the clear coat.

In English there are many words used to describe the same thing.

Posted on 13 years ago

so what you are saying is to use car laquer and sprey it all over the shell... can i remove somehow that laquer if something goes wrong... also, should the laquer be applied in just one coat or shound i use it for 3-4 times, in between to use sandpaper and send it?

Posted on 13 years ago

yes it can be removed with chemical stripper like hopefully you did with the old lacquer.

2 coats with no sanding.

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here