Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Finished Supreme Kit

Finally got this kit together, it was given to me for Xmas in (I think) 1970.

After having it for about 6 years I gave it away for a friends kid to play. Just a couple of years ago I had the opportunity to get it back. The kit was still in very good condition with all the original heads in place. It was missing the 12 inch tom and rail mount which I have been able to replace, the tom is a stencil drum missing the Supreme badge but the finish matched up pretty good.

I posted a picture of the kit about a year and a half ago and got a offer from a forum member to buy a gold sparkle tom he had for sale, unfortunatly I never did receive the drum from him and had come to the conclusion that I had lost that money. Then a couple of months ago I was buying some other drum parts on Ebay and came into contact with the guy who didn't send me the drum I paid him for. So I sent him a message telling him what I thought of him for taking my $%#@&! money and then never responding to me again, and he promptly sent me an apology and my money back through paypal! I guess he was going through some tough times when I first dealt with him. It took some time but I appreciate that he came through and cleared up the deal.

Sorry for the long story but I'm just glad to finally have this kit back into playing condition and that everything work out in the long run.

I would like especially like to thank salty 1322 for sending me the bass drum logo, I know the kit didn't come with one originally but I think it looks great.

Again thanks B.

3 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

Sweet kit! And good show B, and also for the return of your money by a forum member that did the right thing.

BTW, Welcome!

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 13 years ago

wow, they look fantastic. And what a cool room too.

Andrew

Golden Curtain
www.myspace.com/garagelandnz
Posted on 13 years ago

Your kit looks great! You did an amazing job, my friend! I, glad you like the logo as well.

Brian

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 13 years ago

Thanks guys, I really enjoy restoring these old drums.

My next project may be a early Pear President kit, so I may soon be looking for some help and probably some parts.

From what I see following this forum you have a very knowledgeable and helpful group and I hope I can contribute something back as well.

Cheers!

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here