Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

Finding cream / off white wrap

Hi there everyone.

I'm re-wrapping a few drums to match some old early 80's drums that have faded over time from Piano White to a more yellowy, cream white (which I actually prefer). I have searched around but haven't been able to find anything other than just plain bright white wrap anywhere.

Cream wrap would be great.

I'm based in the UK, but would be happy to import some from the US or anywhere else that it may exist.

If not though, has anyone got any tips or tricks for ageing or slightly yellowing new plain white wrap?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks, Alex.

Posted on 14 years ago

drumbuilder.com sells custom-colored wraps called "ColorWraps". You can choose a custom shade according to your preference. I think they will send you color swatches if you ask. The web site only advertises glitters, sparkles and pearls -- I'm not sure if they will do solids.

Precision Drum in New York also does custom wraps. Both options are pricey, but may fit the bill if you're willing to pay.

Kits:
1950s Gretsch Name Band in Midnight Blue Pearl (13/16/22/14sn)
1965/66 Ludwig Club Dates rewrapped in Black Diamond Pearl (12/15/20)
Posted on 14 years ago

I see those Colorwraps at Drummaker.com... is that the place you mean ?

Thanks

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

I just posted in another thread that I have often comtemplated hanging the wrap over a pile of burning tobacco. I have rubbed coffee grounds all over a guitar pickguard and let it sit overnight, cleaned it, and it looked half way decent. You may be able to employ this method with a brand new white wrap, but it might turn out too dark.

Custom refin 80's era Ludwig rockers

Black rewrap 60's and 70's Ludwig classic mutt kit 12,16,22

Late 70's Ludwig Classic Maple

Ludwig Coliseum,Acrolite,and some weird supro/acro hybrid
Posted on 14 years ago

From kevins

I see those Colorwraps at Drummaker.com... is that the place you mean ?Thanks

Yep. Drummaker.com also registered the URL drumbuilder.com -- either address will take you to the same site.

Kits:
1950s Gretsch Name Band in Midnight Blue Pearl (13/16/22/14sn)
1965/66 Ludwig Club Dates rewrapped in Black Diamond Pearl (12/15/20)
Posted on 14 years ago

From section2

Yep. Drummaker.com also registered the URL drumbuilder.com -- either address will take you to the same site.

Cool Daddy-O !!

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here