Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.45929%

Finally got my supraphonic

Went with the moms to a neighboring town to get a hutch and table with her. We get there and the guy has a garage full of stuff. After looking for a bit i spotted a chrome snare. Then after focusing on the lugs i knew it was a supra. My mother spotted me the money and asked the guy how much. He threw out the price of $40 bucks. SOLD. Its not the best. it has real bad pitting in some spots. but its a 1971 supraphonic and it still has the tag on the inside. its playable and pretty nice so all in all im super happy. i will post pics tomorrow.

P.S.

The guy told me how before he sold a ludwig and leedy on ebay I think, for 700 dollars. But the craziest thing is he found it at a yard sale i think he said it was a 1952 set and he paid $50 bucks for it. It came with drums original stands and cymbals. UGH I hope wish and pray for that kind of thing. But its proof they are still out there.

Posted on 15 years ago

You will be very surprised at how well Supras clean up with a little effort! Congrats! Looking forward to the pics!Burger Kin

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 15 years ago

WOW! Good for ya! I got my first Supraphonic in '71 or '72. You'll love it! And that pitting is just character. No two of them are the same. Can't wait to see the pix! Cool1

fishwaltz
Posted on 15 years ago

I have 1970 supra and LOVE it. The sound is amazing, and the pitting won't effect that at all ;-)

Posted on 15 years ago

[IMG]http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp231/kaaawa2000/SUPRA.jpg[/IMG]

I got this '64 Supra for $60 around 1980. The chrome was pitting then, and eventually was falling off in sheets, making a mess and starting to form that white corrosion that aluminum gets.

So, in a moment of inspired genius, I painted it with spray gold paint. Yi-haw I know. It was a compromise - there's no chrome places where I live.

It actually matches my set well, and I sprayed it as thin as I could. Someday I hope to sand it down and have it re-chromed but this is better than the way it was.

The drum sounds good although I'm using an Earthtone batter that I don't really like and plan on maybe buying one from Jeff Stern as soon as the $1000 gigs start pouring back in.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here