Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.06263%

Finally Finished my Vistalites

I finally got around to finishing my cleaning/rehab of a vistalite pattern "C" kit in red/amber/yellow (I call it "Tequila Sunrise with a Twist"). I bought it , cleaned it and sold it 10 years ago and bought it back a few months ago. It had one crack that was stabilized prior to my first purchase and has not changed. This time around I disassembled, cleaned, and lubed all of he hardware, packed all of the lugs with felt, and washed and lightly polished the shells.

Has anyone else seen this vistalite combination before?

3 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

Need some bigger pics!

Scott

Posted on 13 years ago

Wow! Those are beautiful drums! I'm not a fan of Vistas, as a general rule ... but, I would love to play this kit. It really is gorgeous. Nicely done.

What Would You Do
Posted on 13 years ago

Just being safe here and letting others know that if you remove lugs from Vistalite drums be very careful tightening the screws.

Make sure you use the same tension/torque.

I have heard stories of problems with spider webs starting on the lug screw holes.

Drums look great and yes larger photos!

David

Posted on 13 years ago

David,

Thanks for the reminder. On vistalites I generally tighten lug screws finger tight plus one-quarter turn. I tighten mounting hardware until I cannot move the mount with my bare hand on the outside of the shell. I have not had any star cacks. Those plastic inserts between the shell and hardware are very important.

I am having trouble getting the picture file size down. Hopefully these are better.

Mike

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here