Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Finally, a good Craigslist score!

Hey all,

I , for one, have made a few comments in the past about all the good deals drying up. Well, I just wanted to share a good Craigslist score with everyone here.

The original ad has been taken down, but it was a messy bedroom and it said "Everything in the picture for $75.".

I could see a three piece generic "Pearl" style late 70's/early 80's blue kit with an unknown chrome snare (looked generic in the pictures). I also saw a Ludwig 1123-1 hi hat stand and some rototoms, so I knew there was good value there, so I took the plunge.

Well, the 3 piece kit was a CB 700 in good shape (12/16/20), I just cleaned and polished them up (Pic below-not me behind them; another drummer was using them at a recent show). It came with two generic but nice lightweight cymbal stands, a generic lightweight snare stand and two Pearl CX-500 14" hi-hats (drummerjohn ears' just perked up!). It came with a PDP Double pedal in good shape, and the rototoms turned out to be original Remo "Beeline" Rototoms with the original stand (6/8/10)!!! The Ludwig 1123-1 Hi-Hat stand was complete, but the top tube has major rusting on it.

Finally, the holy grail was the unknown snare. It ended up being a Gretsch Stop Sign chrome over wood, with die-cast hoops and the "fishtail" strainer and butt plate. It has a gray interior with "That Great Gretsch Sound" sticker fully intact. I can post some photos if needed. I'm guessing the snare is early 70's? When the kid handed it to me, I nearly dropped it because it weighs a TON!

Anyway, it belonged to a college age kid, who gave me the best reason I've ever heard for needing to sell his equipment:

"Yeah, I had to stop playing the drums, because I kept getting the cops called on me." LOL!

Anyway, the kid lived pretty far away, but met me close to my house. We decided on a $10 delivery fee (before I knew what he really had). I think I did pretty darn well for $85!

Sometimes it's nice to get a good score.

V

1 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago

Sweet deal. They are out there, and some people really don't know or care what they have. Just need it gone. Can't wait to see that snare!

18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 8 years ago

goes to show u yes they do exist great score

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 8 years ago

Congrats on a good haul! Was there anything else in the room worth grabbing? Any back issues of Cracked Magazine or anything like that? I would have shown up American Pickers style with my flash light. :)

Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here