Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.25887%

FINALLY - 69 Ludwig Standards Avocado Strata

OK, here you go... First pix of the kit. Going to do another set in afternoon light. They look better then, I think. A pix taken today, and one taken in the late winter of 1971... This is the kit I sold in 1975 and re-purchased last month. I'm the one on the right, with my eyes somewhat closed. I had quite a penchant for wine at the time...

2 attachments
fishwaltz
Posted on 15 years ago

I'm looking for the exact same kit

www.brendanpeleolazar.com
Posted on 15 years ago

fishwaltz--that's awesome! Hope you've aged as well as they have---they look great! How come it took 38 years to get them back?...marko

Posted on 15 years ago

Nice. Very nice. I absolutely love those Ludwig Standard kits. Most everything about them just oozes half-mast eyes. Of those that I own, my Standard kit is my favorite kit. Yours is very sweet. Again...Nice job.

Posted on 15 years ago

Beautiful kit! Love the bass drum head too.

Congratulations on winning it back after 34 years. We'd all love to hear the story.

Kits:
1950s Gretsch Name Band in Midnight Blue Pearl (13/16/22/14sn)
1965/66 Ludwig Club Dates rewrapped in Black Diamond Pearl (12/15/20)
Posted on 15 years ago

Mr. Natural....high as a kite were we? From what part of the stix do you hail?

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks for all the kind words. I'll post some better pix tomorrow. Just back from an AC DC concert. Those guys still rock. Heh heh... yeah, I used to be a bit of a herb-ologist... Very good! Most folks don't remember Mr Natural.flower

fishwaltz
Posted on 15 years ago

That bass head looks kinda "[COLOR="DarkOrange"]C[COLOR="SeaGreen"]R[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]U[COLOR="Black"]M[/COLOR][COLOR="Navy"]B[COLOR="Red"]L[COLOR="SeaGreen"]Y[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]".....................

Kevin
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here