Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

finally! 1971 ludwig kit photo

i'm trying to send this photo! can any ludwig experts out there give me any info (original cost,current approximate value) and is that a supra 400 i'm playing?(i was but a lad of 17 in this photo from 71') as i stated before it came with only 2 cymbal stands,high hat stand and 2 speed kings.and any trivia regarding popularity,sound etc. and what was this kit's model name? it was bought by my dad as a gift so i don't know much about it's history as i sold it later.thanks!

1 attachments
Posted on 17 years ago

Yep, that's a Supra. The kit appears to be a 12,13,16 and 2 22's...So, you basically have a Big Beat kit with an extra 22...but maybe there was a separate model name for that configuration. I don't have access to a '71 catalog. The finish is black oyster pearl which is a desireable finish -but especially desireable in a Keystone badge 12,14,20 "Downbeat" configuration -because that's what Ringo played. *Check out forum member, mlvibes' kit that he recently found on Craig's List!!! Mind Blowi

What kind of condition are the drums in now?

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 17 years ago

Quoted post

Yep, that's a Supra. The kit appears to be a 12,13,16 and 2 22's...So, you basically have a Big Beat kit with an extra 22...but maybe there was a separate model name for that configuration. I don't have access to a '71 catalog. The finish is black oyster pearl which is a desireable finish -but especially desireable in a Keystone badge 12,14,20 "Downbeat" configuration -because that's what Ringo played. *Check out forum member, mlvibes' kit that he recently found on Craig's List!!! Mind Blowi What kind of condition are the drums in now?

thanks,o-lugs! i found out from david it was a ludwig rock duo kit.man, i wish i'd kept it.i was a big fan of ginger baker during the day and i liked the color of ringo's kit so there ya go! as for the kit, my dad bought it in 71' after i saved 1/2 the money. a big step up from my 4-piece red sparkle st. george japanese kit (remember those?) anyway,when i got my own apartment at 20,i sold em'...for $650 cash (along with the hard cases that were stenciled "nitty gritty dirt band!" also threw in the cymbals shown.i have a 6 piece 93' yamaha maple custom now.

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here