Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

Filling Wrap Divots

Hey, I have been fixing up a '67 Ludwig 8x12 ride tom that has a serious spot of snare rash. I am cool with how it looks and have cleaned, waxed & polished up the Sky Blue Pearl wrap pretty well.

In the snare rash area there are 2 smallish but deep divots, One goes through to the black underlay and one is just barely through to the wood where you can just see it peeking through a little crack.

Maybe this is crazy, but I was thinking of very carefully placing a small drop of polyuerathane or maybe crazy glue in the divots and allowing it to pool and settle to the surface level of the wrap just to fill it & protect it and stop any further damage.

Whaddya think? anybody ever try to do something like this?

Is this a "try it and let us know how it goes" idea or a "stop immediately don't do it!" idea?

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I can't decide which it is.....

I see your point...and, in theory, it may work...but, again, the result may be a situation worse than what you started with...

One of those judgment calls...[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

there was a small hole from what looked almost like a cigarette burn on our WMP Radioking Bass drum. My solution was by going into the make-up aisle at the local drug store and pick out a matching nail polish. I brushed a tiny ammount of primer first in the blemish and then added layer by layer, the matching nail polish. Now, you can hardly see it at all and need to have it pointed out in order to do so.

That's my fix for ya'

Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks for the input & the idea, haven't decided whether I will try it or not...

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here