Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Fibre Drum cases

Sometimes it is tough to find the proper size fibre drum case. I actually hand make them and can help you out if you need a special size. You can contact me if you need something special and I will figure out if I can do it.

my email address is [email]nomad@iaw.com[/email]

1 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

I love the Nomads. I've got a couple of sets of them for different kits. They've lasted me for over nine years. Cool stuff.

What Would You Do
Posted on 13 years ago

I agree with RogerSling regarding the durability of these cases...They are well made...

Cheers

1976 Ludwig Mach 4 Thermogloss 26-18-14-14sn
1978 Ludwig Stainless 22-22-18-16-14-13-12 c/w 6-8-10-12-13-14-15-16-18-20-22-24 concert toms
1975 Sonor Phonic Centennials Metallic Pewter 22-16-13-12-14sn (D506)
1971 Ludwig Classic Bowling Ball OBP 22-16-14-13
1960's Stewart Peacock Pearl 20-16-12-14sn
1980`s Ludwig Coliseum Piano Black 8x14 snare
1973 Rogers Superten 5x14 & 6.5x14 COS snares
1970`s John Grey Capri Aquamarine Sparkle 5x14 snare
1941 Ludwig & Ludwig Super 8x14 snare
Posted on 13 years ago

I need some special made cases! Especially for the "99ers" of the (un)employment field!

It's nice to know we still have true craftsmen in our little part of the cosmos. I do what I think is my part by recycling old, "worn out and dead" drums to become either my "CoffeeHouse Custom Re-Creations" which are for sale kits to the general public, or "Custom Talents" kits for disadvantaged kids.

The "Coffeehouse" kits fund the donor kits. I recycle these mostly Export types of shells, yet some are older, vintage 60s-70s Star and/or Pearl drums. These are typically purchased by jazz students. However, some are very experienced players needing small venue kits, a Bop or Jungle style kit. It is one of the most satisfying feelings, knowing you are building a quality product out of what was once considered "junk" by so many.

My jazz students typically take the thinner 6 ply Pearl shells, if that is what I happen to have on hand, and the more established players typically custom order the shells from my inventory. We talk about their needs, the tonal quality they desire and then a cool color glitter finish. These kits are much more intensive in construction as I will normally have to install a re-enforcement ring at each bearing edge, if the shells are 5-6 ply, and a new edge profile, or contour if 9 ply. The typical sizes are: Jungle: 16-13-10. Bop 15/16/18-12/13-10-12 and Jazz 20-12-13/14...however I will use what I have and what you request for the job at hand...Even in MIJ/MIT, 14" drums are getting as hard to come by as any other 14" floor tom. I have taken to using deeper 13 toms for floors and they seem to work very well. Most people, once they get the kit tuned to their own ear, are extremely happy with the end product.

My sale prices are far from reasonable...meaning I spend a lot of time making kits for you guys and only enjoying the gigs...and being able to fund, with your help almost exclusively, the donor kits, or "Custom Talent" kits. This is in no way to say that I only use the sales of kits to get drums in the hands of talented, under-privileged kids. On the contrary, you of the forum have always come to our aid, when necessary, to complete a kit or get it delivered. I love this aspect of my part in the music industry...seeking and keeping superior talent behind the drum sets of tomorrow...

OK, enough beating my own drum....Jump For Joy

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 13 years ago

I've been to your shop many times and was given the grand tour by John on several occassions. I'm the guy from Port Colborne with all the turquoise Star Drums. You people manufacture high quality reasonably priced merchandise! I can attest to the fact that if people are interested in excellent cases, they should contact you. You do things right!

Brian

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here