Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

fibes

Does anybody know what a set of Fibes from around 1972 are worth? I need to clean them up a little but they are in good shape. They are the bronze looking metal wrapped type. They are all oversized and are made of thick black fiberglass. I can get more info on them if need be.

Posted on 17 years ago

I had that exact set with a match snare.They are quite heavy drums and i had to have the toms re edged,they were pretty lacking in detail.The sound was ok,quite loud with tons of attack.They would suit a louder rockier type band than what i was playing back then.I got them for around 6-700 at the time which was about 15 yrs ago.

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 17 years ago

Yea, they ARE friggin' loud. I can vividley remember the neighbors complaining all the time when I was a kid. I haven't palyed them in about ten years and could never bring myself to sell them. I have a Jeep Wrangler I want to do a few things to. Hopefully I'll find a buyer who will appreciate the thunderous sound, they need to be heard again. "F" the neighbors!!

Posted on 17 years ago

Do you want to sell that kit?...sizes and price?Walking

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 17 years ago

Yes, I do want to sell them. I have another guy who is interested as well. I need to take pictures. I'll send you the pics and sizes when I get them done.

You can e-mail me at [email]christopher.j.gettis@lmco.com[/email]

Thanks,

Chris

Posted on 17 years ago

I have a kit of f/g Fibes from 70's (Nazareth-tag) with chrome finish.

I've been playing it for years and am very pleased to it's sound.

Is that mirror-chrome surface just a metallic wrap glued to shell ?

Or is it "installed" during the molding process of fiberglass shell ? (there's is a bearded guy making a shell on a 70's brochure, but I can't get a clear vision of this pic)

And what means COF? (You can't chrome-plate a fiberglass?)

Posted on 17 years ago

I believe the finish is a wrap. Don't have any idea what the COF means. Still want to sell these if anyone is interested.

Posted on 17 years ago

I believe the finish is a wrap. Don't know what the COF means. I still want to sell these if anyone is interested.

Posted on 17 years ago

STILL need pics and a price;)

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here