Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.65971%

Fibes WOW!!!

A 4 pc kit on ebay is now at 1800,and the reserve is still not meant.Nice kit yes...BUT......your thoughts??

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 14 years ago

link please?

Nevermind....I saw it.

Nice set of drums -very desirable to people who like the Jasper shells but don't like the diecast rims of Gretsch. But, IF one wanted to, they could switch out the Fibes' triple flange rims for some diecasts and then they would essentially have a Gretsch (sounding) kit.

I don't know what the reserve is, but there are two cats in a bidding war at the moment. I'll bet the reserve is just under $2K.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 14 years ago

Nice set for sure, Jasper era, good jazz sizes, matching snare, but I agree with you it seems a bit pricey, and the reserve is still not met. Check out the bidders though, 59 bids and all of the top bids are the same 2 guys, seems a bit fishy to me???

Posted on 14 years ago

That's great news, prices for Fibes has been real low. Fibes made some great stuff in the 90's. Or..it's two guys driving the pricing up.

Rogers early Fullerton Blue Strata 22,13,16 w/brass Dynasonic
My first kit, 1983 Ludwig Rocker? (it has the classic lugs and 4ply maple shell) 22,12,13,16 ..now in black oyster pearl. I still have it
Stop Sign USA Gretsch (80's), black nitron jasper shell 22,12,13,16
1995 Fibes Austin,Texas Badge (original owner) 22,10,12,16,18 in natural wood
USA 2007 Rosewood Gretsch 22,13,16 w/12inch 70's Rosewood Gretsch tom
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here