Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Fibes fiberglass drums

What can you tell me about these drums? are they good quality? I might have an opportunity to pick up a kit at a decent price, from what I heard, fiberglass offers a LOUD punchy kick to their drums. all feedback welcome

Lots of Slingerland drums
70's Pearl Fiberglass Ivory
Posted on 14 years ago

I restored a '70s Clear Crystalite kit and could'nt be happier with them.

They can be loud when you want them to be, but they also offer alot of tone and ressonance with a warm sound.

I've had good offers for the kit, but just can't part with them.

So yeah, I'm a fan.

Are they Farmingdale, Nazareth or Austin?

The older hardware can be a bit challenging, with the plastic ball mounts in sockets.

Missing parts like the bass drum spurs can be hard to find.

Good luck, keep us posted.

Posted on 14 years ago

The tag says made in PA???????what era is that?

Posted on 14 years ago

I'm guessing sometime in the '70's, Nazareth, PA, The CF Martin Organisation.

Is it a square bage w/ a "mirrored" Fibes Logo?

Posted on 14 years ago

They are Great sounding drums.Very loud,the set sounds like 1968-75 one way to tell is if you look inside the shell the first ones made of fiberglass have a edge on the inside almost a ring but not all the way like you would see on a wood shell,if the shells have the edge they would be from 1968-1971 or 72,the later fiberglass shells have no edge inside them they would be from 1972 on,shells will be black inside...As far a parts let me know i mosty will have the little parts missing if any are..Mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

Yes and Yes, mirrored badge and it has that lip inside, it also has a Gold plated Plague with fIBES on the top of the bass? could this mean a special edition perhaps? please tell me more, I iwll take pics when I'm done cleaning her up, G

Posted on 14 years ago

Maybe you have mixed badges, the Farmingdale badge is a rectangle, which is earlier than the square mirrored badges. Check out the Badge Identification and also the Company Time Line, here on the site.

Yeah, put up some pics.

Posted on 14 years ago

I may be selling mt chrome over fiberglass kit,early production farmingdale kit,24"bass,13 and 14 rack toms,18"floor tom and may consider selling with chrome sft690 snare.This is a rare kit being that it is a virgin bass drum and has rogers swivimatic hardware from the factory

1966 kent jazzer-champagne sparkle
1972 sonor 6 ply beechwood jazz set
1971 fibes chrome over fiberglass rock set
Posted on 14 years ago

Sent you a PM

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here