Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Fibes drum sets

Hi all,I'm new to this forum so first I will tell you I'v been drumming bfor 37 years in local bands in and around Nova Scotia Canada,I've owned many drum sets and love buying sets to try out or to repair,I've re-covered,painted, and stained a few drums and am still learning,every once and awhile I come across a drum set that is something I'm not familiar with(Trixon) or in this case Fibes,I've read abit about them and as a younger drummer I remember seeing them but I have no Idea if they are considered collectable in todays market.I am wondering if there is anyone who can answer a couple of questions,Aset may become available and from what I'm told there done in a velvet finish(I believe their called FIVEL)I have read that there's not many of these set around and that there made from fiberglass which I think would make them very collectable,now I have not seen the set but was wondering if I was to buy them is there a collectors market for them or should I refinish them and re sell.Thanks all,hope I put this in the right place,if not straighten me out,Thanks Jim.

Posted on 18 years ago

Fibes, for some reason, have never been as collectible as the larger American brands. That being said, I would urge against recovering any drum that doesn't need it, especially a Fibes set in a rare finish. I'd love to find a nice fibes set in jazz sizes in original condition. As a rule, re-covered drums bring half as much as sets in their original finish.

Posted on 18 years ago

Hi Rich,thanks for responding,I figure it would be very hard to refinish this set anyway,I am trying to get in touch with the guy that has them so I can see what kind of shape there in and what the sizes are and what hardware comes with them and the condition of the finish,I will let you know,I personally am not into collecting vintage drums gear,I have too many other expensive hobbies so if your interestd in a set I will resell,but first I have to get them.Thanks Jim.

Posted on 18 years ago

Even my own web site amazes me. but a month ago I added a

Fivel brochure that explains the drums.

[IMG]http://www.vintagesnaredrums.com/images/my_collection/literature/fibes/fibes_flyer_th.jpg[/IMG]

click image

Also the Fibes Chrome SFT, this one owned by Tommy P in the drum of the month is very collectible and hard to find in this condition. The Buddy Rich connection brings up the value. Other then that as Rich stated they are not as much as other brands.

[IMG]http://www.vintagesnaredrums.com/images/other_stuff/tommy_piorek/fibes/fibes_sftcof1_th.jpg[/IMG]

click image

Posted on 18 years ago

It was the catalogs you posted that made me want to find a fibes set.

Posted on 18 years ago

Yep, that is one cool brochure. I have been on the hunt for Fibes literature, but it escapes me like the drums also!

David

Posted on 18 years ago

Quoted post

Hi all,I'm new to this forum so first I will tell you I'v been drumming bfor 37 years in local bands in and around Nova Scotia Canada,I've owned many drum sets and love buying sets to try out or to repair,I've re-covered,painted, and stained a few drums and am still learning,every once and awhile I come across a drum set that is something I'm not familiar with(Trixon) or in this case Fibes,I've read abit about them and as a younger drummer I remember seeing them but I have no Idea if they are considered collectable in todays market.I am wondering if there is anyone who can answer a couple of questions,Aset may become available and from what I'm told there done in a velvet finish(I believe their called FIVEL)I have read that there's not many of these set around and that there made from fiberglass which I think would make them very collectable,now I have not seen the set but was wondering if I was to buy them is there a collectors market for them or should I refinish them and re sell.Thanks all,hope I put this in the right place,if not straighten me out,Thanks Jim.

Hey, I'm new here too.

Best of luck W/the Fibes, I hope you get a great deal on them.

I have always liked the fiberglass Fibes drums and have never liked, nor had much use for Fibes {or anyone elses for that matter, [W/the acception of Zycos]}, acrylic drums.

Is this set fiberglass or acrylic ??

Keep us all posted.

Fuzzy wazzy was a bear

//

KM SchaeferCool Cool
Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here