Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Fibes cof rec badge- help Tommy p

Hope You Can Help Tommy I Recently Won This Drum On Ebay And Now Have It I Thought These Were Worth Around 500-600 But I Forgot My Bid And Walked Away With It For 300 Nobody Bid Am I Missing Something It Is In Great Condition Just Going To Need Some Cleaning I Have Included A Picture And The Ebay Itiem No # Is 140101651383 Your Expertise Would Be Greatly Appreciated Thank You Steve Ps Now There Is Another One For Sale

1 attachments
Posted on 17 years ago

slingerlandsm!

YES!... you DID "steal" this one! That is the early 70's model Fibes SFT 690 COF all original w/rectangular badge... and this is the badge that is so hard to find. ( I saw this drum when it became available on eBay. If I didn't already have a MINT one, I would have got in on it! ) Every once and a while one can get lucky, and/or, slide in while nobody else is looking. The price paid of $300.00 is GREAT!!! I have seen this model/badge go for OVER $600.00 with regularity.

Complete dis-assembly is suggested taking care to polish without scratching, and the reward will be a drum that looks brand new! The sound/performance of these drums is excellent... incredibly sensitive but with the ability to shred/cut due to the thin fiberglass shell. It's no wonder Buddy loved this drum! ALL the sensitivity of a Rogers Dynasonic, without having to mess with the snare frame, and this comment is coming from a devout Rogers/BR fan... me!

Ya done good!!! ENJOY!!

Tommyp

Posted on 17 years ago

Hey guys,

I have a set of Fibes, the copper colored ones with the rectangular badge. They were made in Farmingdale New York I think around 1971 or 1972. I cleaned them up and they look pretty good. There is a bit of pitting on all four drums but you don't really notice untill you get close plus I think it's the sound more than anything else you're looking for when you are buying drums. What do you think I could get for a set like this. I haven't played them in years and they are taking up alot of space.

Thanks,

Chris

Posted on 17 years ago

Pics Please Fibes Pricing Depends On Condition As Most Kits I Have Seen Are Hacked Steve

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here