Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.06263%

Fibes ball tom holder help!

I'm putting back together my Fibes 22" bass drum with 2 ball tom holder mounts and one of them is very loose. I don't remember it being this sloppy when I took it apart.

Has anyone here come across this problem and have a fix for it?

Thanks, Gary.

Sonor teardrops:
12,13,16,20, 14x5 snare
Fibes crystallite-14x5.5 snare
Posted on 9 years ago

Maybe the two halves of the ball aren't lined up properly? I found it hard to get those things secure, I considered putting skateboard grip tape around the balls for better tension, and to reduce the space in the bracket. Even when going as tight as you can, they're still loose

Posted on 9 years ago

Unfortunately the ball is assembled correctly, the ball itself is what is sloppy in the holder regardless how tight I tighten the screws. For now i'm just using a snare stand but I would like to be able to mount both my 13 and 14 toms.

GAR, do you have thick rubber insulators on your bass drum mounts?

Gary

Sonor teardrops:
12,13,16,20, 14x5 snare
Posted on 9 years ago

Did you install the inner piece backwards? That will make it loose. Try flipping it around.

Adam

Posted on 9 years ago

I sold both my fIbes kits a couple years ago, don't remember them having any thick rubber

I think Adam may have nailed it there

Posted on 9 years ago

Are the metal pieces against the ball bent or cracked? Pretty common issue.

Posted on 9 years ago

***UPDATE***

I finally got around to working on these and now they work perfectly, nice and snug. Solution was as Adam said, I flipped around the inner metal piece and all is well. I had to re-do each of them(I installed them as they came to me, might be why the former owner gave up on them...)

Here are some pics of the correct way they are assembled for future reference. Also some pics of the full set. Unfortunately the arms are just a little short going into the bass drum to really place the toms in my preferred location.

Thanks for all the replies especially Adam!

Gary

Sonor teardrops:
12,13,16,20, 14x5 snare
Posted on 9 years ago

Those are nice great job! :)

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 9 years ago

Thanks, they cleaned up really nice. Not bad for a guitar center find!

Gary

Sonor teardrops:
12,13,16,20, 14x5 snare
Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here