Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

Few Question On A Radio King Snare

Hi All,Christmas was good to me this year..A friend of mine give me a snare drum i got it on the 25th[late]..Anyway, I say its a 30s-40s slingerland radio king "full dress" finished drum,main color is silver sparkle,with red sparkle diamonds between the lugs. 8 Lugs are chrome,Rims and strainer are nickel,muffler is red felt..one piece maple shell with rings.size is 5 1/2x14This is what my questions are,,the lugs have No inserts or springs only tapped at ends rods are 12/24,what year or years would this snare be from?? Also No badge is on the drum i think because the red diamond is on the drum were the badge should be is this right??This drum is some thing new to me all my other radio kings have inserts and springs.and badges.Any info..Thanks mikey P.S. i know you guys want photos--iam going to email another member with them over the weekend...

Posted on 14 years ago

I always thought they just moved the badge to make way for the diamonds. Pretty much all I've seen were done that way. 'Course, I've not seen hundreds of 'em, but I have seen my share. Interesting.

Posted on 14 years ago

The moved badge for the diamonds is my understanding as well. The drum sounds beautiful. The tapped lugs would be mid 30's. I'm a Rogers guy, so I am sure that a Slingy xpert will chime in with more specifics.

Congrats on a great drum. I can't wait to see photos.....

Posted on 14 years ago

mikey congratulations glad to have you in the radio king club. on the bottom rim how wide is the rim gate if it is the exact size as the snare set is it is a 30's model and is fasten with machine bolts after 42 the bottom rims snare gate would be wider and fastened with machine bolts, also if it is held together with rivets it is a 40's model

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here