Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 123.24843%

Feb 1, 2010 - Pearl Catalogs

Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks so much, these are all treasuresCool1

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 14 years ago
Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks David....I love the 1984 catalog, I remember having it in my collection back then, but no idea where it is now.....brings back some memories...:p

Good info on the Masters series too......had a couple of orphan MMX series toms before, quality stuff, good sound....and yeah thats coming from a longtime Ludwig guy!

Posted on 14 years ago

Hey thanks...

There is more to come on the Master Series...

This all started with some info on the main site I had for Pearl which was incorrect. It was really just a page I have not looked at in probably 4 years!

So after fixing the history (Thanks to an old member here) and talking to some Pearl collectors (on another forum Hurting) (because someone posted the same info from this forum on that forum.)

I corrected the info and also was able to communicate privately with a Pearl Executive and get the skinny on the companies web site and history section.

I decided to really clean it all up. So thanks to Phil, Pearl Forum, TommyP (for a rare catalog he just happened to have) and others here, I got off my butt and took care of Pearl.

I'm not done either, I have about 10 more catalogs to add and really make it the place to learn about Pearl history.

If anyone has any Pearl catalogs that are dated earlier then 1968 and specifically pre 1964 I would really like to see it and scan it.

David

Posted on 14 years ago

You have here all the one`s I have in English-but I have some different Pearl catalog PDFs from these same years with different set ups and names in Japanese language( the outfits have English names). What is an e-mail address I can send the PDFs for you to post?

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 14 years ago

Hey thanks, the email address is [email]vsd@vintagedrumguide.com[/email]

I did get to adding more last night. I will also fill out the Masters, Export and Maxwin in the days to come. I have a Masters catalog showing up today from Tommyp, and some more on disc and yet to be scanned. I also wrote up a small article about Pearl catalogs and history on one of the TDE sites. Pearl Catalog History

With Pearl USA having everything from 1964 - present already scanned, but not on the web site and everything pre-1964 in the Japan archives. I'm not sure if it will every be scanned and displayed.

This is why I go on these missions and Pearl is going to maxed out in the weeks to come. Then I will probably jump into Gretsch, Leedy or another company that needs updating on the main web site.

Thanks for the scans, I will email when I get them.

David

[IMG]http://www.vintagedrumguide.com/images/my_collection/literature/pearl/1970a-pearl-catalog-1_th.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.vintagedrumguide.com/images/my_collection/literature/pearl/1983_history1_th.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.vintagedrumguide.com/images/my_collection/literature/pearl/1987-pearl-catalog-1_th.jpg[/IMG]

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here