Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Fantasia Pearl Wrap

So in a lot of drums I recently picked up is a Kent ( MIJ - classic grey interior, and MIJ badge ) 20" bass drum in Fantasia Pearl finish. The issue is that a good section of the wrap on the front of the bass drum was either ripped or cut off. It goes down to the second lug hole of the front lugs. As I don't want to just discard it, I thought I would salvage the mid section and wrap one of the snares I have that came unwrapped. I try and save any old wraps when I can, at least ones in good condition. Now I'm not expecting whatever MIJ snare I wrap with this to shoot up in value. But are the snares in this finish hard to find? Would be nice to see it end up with a matching kit. Found a photo online of the wrap, I do not own this particular floor tom.

1 attachments
18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 8 years ago

I've seen STAR kits with this wrap quite often. Just google "Star drums fantasia pearl"

Vintage and custom drum projects:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...2305272732%3A6
Posted on 8 years ago

I know the finish itself isn't exactly rare. I've seen it numerous times myself. But I don't often see many kits with matching snares. So my question is how rare are snares in this finish? I know you could have opted to get a steel snare back in the day. And that many drummers sell / trade kits, but not always with the snare. Funny enough though, when I Google searched " Star drums fantasia pearl " a few Kent toms popped up,lol. I would assume that later Kent MIJ drums were Star made. Unless Pearl used that finish as well??

18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here