Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Fake Super Sensitive Vistalite

About four or five months ago I bought a vintage Ludwig Super Sensitive Vistalite Tequila Sunrise ([COLOR="Red"]red[/COLOR], [COLOR="Orange"]amber[/COLOR], [COLOR="Yellow"]yellow[/COLOR]) snare drum for like [COLOR="Green"]$650[/COLOR]. I was a litlle skeptical at first because I had never seen or heard of even a solid colored Super Sensitive Vistalite snare drum and here was a Type A pattern Vistalite (MINT!) with those bad boys strapped on to it. So I brought it home and played it for about 3 months when I realized how much worse it sounded than my other Vistalite snares. I bought new strainers for it and had never put them on until like a week ago. When I took them off I noticed these two extra holes that were behind one of the strainers and I felt the worst sinking feeling in the world. It was origanally a normal Vistalite snare and someone had drilled extra holes for the SS strainers. Although after that, I measured the holes on my friends metal Super Sensitive snare and the measurements matched up perfectly. (I dont know if that helps or not)

My question to you guys is if you think it's worth money I paid or What happend to the value of it because I'm pretty darn sure I got ripped off even though now its one of the best sounding snares I have.

Thanks,

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Danny[/COLOR]

Posted on 17 years ago

Extra holes devalue any drum (technically) and given the fact that it also doesn't sound good makes this hurt even more, although it sounds like the new strainer hardware helped the drum to sound better so chalk it up as another learning experience...or...try contacting the seller and simply be up front with him/her that you just noticed this situation (extra holes therefore misrepresented etc.) maybe something positive will happen...it's worth a try at least.

Mike Curotto

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here