Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.65762%

Extended grommet on my Supra

Hello,

I have a 66' Supra that has an extended badge grommet. Does anyone know why this was done? It extends about a 1/2" into the inside of the shell. Also, their is a marking next to the grommet that looks something like a "q"...What would that be?

Thanks for your help

Posted on 15 years ago

Don't know about the Q, but I believe Ludwig uses the same grommets on they're metal drums as on they're wood. That being said, it makes sense that wood drums are thicker than the metal counterparts creating what appears to be a longer grommet.

Posted on 15 years ago

From emmojo

Don't know about the Q, but I believe Ludwig uses the same grommets on they're metal drums as on they're wood. That being said, it makes sense that wood drums are thicker than the metal counterparts creating what appears to be a longer grommet.

Why didn't I think of that! I'm sure that's the reason.....Thanks

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]It's a bit of an oddity though...I mean, I have seen others where the grommet is just shorter or they flared the collar of the eyye vent to sit flat to the interior.

Could be one of those "that day we were out of the short vents" kinda thang....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here