Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

Even fresh from the factory Ludwig hi hats

Just rec'd an NOS Ludwig hi hat from the 60's era (I think - haven't made any efort to pin it down).

But even brand new, the chrome in't "perfect." Oh, it's really really nice, but there are some small 'scratches' in the surface. And the finish on the footboard is a little uneven...but that may be due to long storage.

All the same, it is a killer piece of vintage hardware! Looking forward to playing it.... and not wearing shoes!

I restored a different Spur Lok and got a virgin top pull rod from Jim Petty. Rather than using the original clutch that would bite into the rod, I'm using a Gibraltar that encircles it. May use it on this one, too...

Posted on 12 years ago

1123-1 -- in the 1967 catalog scan (LOVE those!). So is the "Speedmaster" Pedal. Just got one from JR to do a little minor restoration -- those pedals rock!

As do the "New Speed." Worked on a 1937 (!) model -- probably destined for the "For Sale" section.

Both of them play beautifully! Ultra lightweight -- great for feathering.

I am a sick sick man...

Walking

Posted on 12 years ago

ive got a new speed pedal in my collection. they are neat. i also recently purchased a leedy and ludwig speed pedal. it appears to be identical to the new speed pedal.

mike

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here