Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.46347%

Evapo-Rust

Hi everyone, just thought I would post some pics of a bunch of lug screws that I treated using Evapo-Rust. This stuff is pretty amazing. Non toxic and no acids. The chemical only bonds with the rust and removes it from the surface. Just place whatever you are treating in a plastic pale, pour the liquid into the pale so that it covers the items, let it sit overnight then rinse in the morning. While the metal is still pitted due to the large volume of rust and the length of time it built up, they are much better. Keep in mind that I have not touched these with a brush or steel wool so they can only get better.

I did some rusty tension rods a while back with this stuff and they came out looking brand new. Even the wife commented on how clean they were. Now that says something.

It's not too often that I get to share something on the forum. I hope you guys find it useful.

Dean

4 attachments
Posted on 12 years ago

I love evapo rust. It aint cheap but it sure does work. I like that it can be reused. I take the used portion and filter it with a funnel and coffee filter and use it again.

Posted on 12 years ago

Just think of what it could do if they were to bring the Titanic back up!Hmmmm

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 12 years ago

No kidding. I will need to get a 55 gallon drum of that for the bed in my Toyota pickup......lol.

Nice work Deano! I never heard of evapo-rust but will google it and probably pick some up, put it on the shelf on my garage, and use it for something 8 years from now. That is typically how it goes around here....lol.

have a wonderful evening

drumhack Laughing HStorm Trooperbaby crawl2flowers2:)

"If it doesn't matter who wins or loses then why the hell do they keep score Peg? - Al Bundy
Posted on 12 years ago

Is is a locally available product or an online purchase? I have yet to find it at my local shops.

'65/'66 Slingerland Stage Band in Red Sparkle Pearl
'67 Rogers Buddy Rich Headliner in Blue Sparkle Pearl
'49 WFL 6.5x14 Contest Snare
'55 Slingerland 7x14 Hollywood Ace Snare
'70's Premier PD2000 5x14 Snare
50's & 70's Zildjian/Paiste Cymbals
Posted on 12 years ago

If it's a Canadian product, they may not be exporting it to the US. I'd like to try this stuff. If anybody finds a US source, please post it here.

Thanks for the tip!

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 12 years ago

Here ya go......

link

Purdie, you get my PM ?

Kev

Kevin
Posted on 12 years ago

From nearlybrian

Is is a locally available product or an online purchase? I have yet to find it at my local shops.

Try Auto Zone or O'Leary's auto parts.......

I recently bought a gallon from O's for $20...........

AZ only sells quarts for $10.

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 12 years ago

Also available at Ace Hardware. Great stuff - effective, biodegradeable, and non-toxic.

Posted on 12 years ago

yup, bought some at Auto Zone. Did all the rods and screws and other fittings on a big old set that needed lots of help and it worked great. Like someone said, reusable and easy.

Lee

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here