Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

English Rogers

I live in San Diego but am from England and still go back a fair bit. I was there last year and saw an ad on Gumtree (English Craigslist) for an English Rogers kit. Being a big fan of US Rogers, I figured I'd buy it and bring it back to the States to clean up.

The guy I bought it from in Southend was very cool... he had a background in making brass instruments but was also a drummer. He found it in an antique shop but decided not to clean it up, so I had the pleasure of doing so.

The finish is grey ripple, but it's significantly different to the US Rogers grey ripple (which I have also). It has B and B lugs but amazingly only 3 or 4 lugs on the entire kit had any cracks. The drums aren't perfect.... there's couple of minor splits in the wrap and some seam separation but these don't detract from the overall appearance and they sound amazing.

I had the whole kit apart and did the dawn soak plus novus on the wrap. Everything went back together apart from one snare lug which broke a tab, so isn't usable. Hole spacing is different to US B and B lugs, so finding a replacement will be interesting to say the least. It's also missing all the English Rogers badges, but these will be even harder to find than the one lug, so I'll probably just leave as is.

It came with a nice Premier bass drum pedal, Olympic flat based stand and a Sonor snare stand. Hope you like the picture.... I didn't have the snare ready to go so it's not in the picture, but it's in similar shape to the rest of the kit. The second picture is from the original posting.

2 attachments
Posted on 7 years ago

There is/was someone who repopped English Rogers badges. No idea who but hopefully someone will chime in for you. You can fix the broken tab. Few ways to do so. Have you seen the B&B lug repair tutorial? One other way a bit more intrusive but works well too. You can always get a adjustable tube lug till you find a good solution. What's the hole spacing on those English B&B's? Beautiful drums!

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 7 years ago

Hi There i live in the UK. There is another english rogers going cheap on UK ebay BMP. As for the lugs quite an easy enough fix. The badges goto www.nickhopkindrums.com he has them for £7.50 each. As for lugs there is another guy from ireland on ebay who sell toms/bass drum and snare drum lugs like yours in great condition. Great looking kit. ps..The lug that has a broken tab. Ive repaired them with a small piece of metal over the insert then bent round drilled out and screwed to shell you cant even notice. Get on UK ebay for all lugs and nick hopkins for badges great friend of mine mention me and you might get discount.

Posted on 7 years ago

Hello.....Sorry to be a pain in the butt. The badges i just checked at nick hopkins he has them on his website £7.50 brand new reproduction in steel. Ive bought one from him for a ER drum i was renovating and they are the biz. Also the guy in ireland on UK ebay has bucket loads of ER lugs there in good nik. Nothing is hard to find if you know where. Tell nick sean said hello and sort some discount.....Cheers.....sean

Posted on 7 years ago

Thanks for the feedback guys.... I have reinforced US B and B lugs before but will revisit the process to see if it's possible to save the one I've got or simply get replacements from one of the sources above. Getting badges from Nick Hopkin is a no brainer... I'll order later today.

Cheers!

Posted on 7 years ago

Hi.....When you contact Nick tell him your a mate of mine and get some discount. I used epoxy to fasten mine to a shell. Plus you have to bend them as they are flat. Just tread with care but they are well made and look great.

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here