Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

EMERGENCY NEED ... Pearl Stands 803 from 69-77 era

Hello All,

Just found out about this forum the other day and really hope I have come to the right place. I am new here so please excuse my ignorance for any of the proper rules of posting as I am in a desperate situation and do not wish to intrude.

I am down to crunch time on trying to locate some parts.

I am in dire need of some vintage Pearl Cymbal stands ... Model #803 from the 69-77 era. They are a heavy duty single braced straight stand. I have attached a photo. Would really like to get them with the tilter that is in the picture posted with this thread.

I am also in need of one 69-77 era Premier Lokfast Cymbal stand as seen in the picture below.

I am working on the restoration of Neil Peart's 1974 Chrome Slingerland kit. The cymbal stands he used were the Pearl 803's. I have two out of the six that I need. So I need to track down four more of these stands with proper tilters. They do not have to be in mint condition as we are restoring the kit to its "used" condition. So some pitting scratches and dings are okay.

I need to get these before the upcoming PASIC convention in Indy 11-14 November.

If you have any or leads to them please email me at [EMAIL="michael747@neilpeartdrumsticks.com"]michael747@neilpeartdrumsticks.com[/EMAIL]

Any one know how close the knockoff stands made by TKO, Model #903, are to the actual Pearl 803? The stands look similar in small photos but the tilters are off ... I can settle for good stands and locate proper tilters later.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and again my apologies if my post is an intrusion in any way.

ROCK On!

-Michael

2 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]No intrusion...just posted in wrong section. I have asked moderator to move.

That's an interesting wish list, BTW. I might suggest contacting George Lawrence at George's Drum Shop, as he is the Capo of all things vintage Japanese.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

From Jaye

[COLOR="DarkRed"]No intrusion...just posted in wrong section. I have asked moderator to move.That's an interesting wish list, BTW. I might suggest contacting George Lawrence at George's Drum Shop, as he is the Capo of all things vintage Japanese.[/COLOR]

Hi Jaye,

I knew it was in the wrong section ... was hoping with this being an emergency that it would get more action and recognition in the main section since I only have one week to come up with these. I know in a lot of forums once moved to the Buy or Sell section you lose a lot of potential readers and generally get zero results.

I will give George Lawrence a try ... thanks for that info!

ROCK On!

-Michael

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here