Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Emergency Help Needed (again!)

Hi,

I'm trying to get some information regarding a vintage Ludwig snare drum that I'm considering purchasing, but must let the seller know by Saturday before 6:00 PM.

My fellow forum members have been EXTREMELY helpful in the past under similar circumstances so here we go....................

The drum measures 15 inches by 6, has two rows of 8 classic lugs, a Ludwig "transitional" badge, WFL snare butt, WFL strainer that either is, or resembles, a P-83 model, and a round dial type muffler. It's in a black diamond pearl finish. The interior shell appears to be a medium to dark wood with reinforcement rings in a lighter color wood. All the hardware on the drum is nickel.

I've never seen a Ludwig snare in a 15 inch configuration. I'm trying to find out the name of this particular model and whether or not it's worth the $250.00 asking price. All the hardware appears original, there are no extra holes in the shell, nor any cracks. The BDP finish needs some cleaning but doesn't have any tears or rips in it.

Is this one I should grab or pass on?

THANKS in advance for your help (again!)Help

Posted on 16 years ago

Does it look like this one?

Click Here

David

Posted on 16 years ago

Also, 15" snare drums are just not as popular as your standard 14" durms.

The price is pretty good for a transition badge snare drum...

Then BDP is not the biggest money maker and add the nickel hardware, this snare is not going up that much in value over its 14" counterpart with chrome hardware with a more desirable finish.

Still a nice drum....

David

Posted on 16 years ago

Old School,

15" drums are less common, and thus, more rare....however...for whatever reason...it has been decided that the 14" snare drum is "king"Burger Kin Burger Kin...which makes 15" drums less desirable to the general collecting market...at the moment.

Generally speaking, $250 sounds like more money than I would like to pay for a drum like that unless it was in absolutely perfect condition. If it just needs cleaning, and that's all, then I might consider that price.

FYI...The interior-ply is mahogany...the re-rings are maple...the throwoff is a P-83 with a WFL logo.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here