Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.65762%

Ebay Scammer

Buyers Beware,

There is a very good scammer on ebay. This am, a 65 Black oyster Jazz Fest came up. The seller required that if interested, you must contact him through gmail, or the transaction would be canceled.

He had a BIN price of $1200 and free shipping. Of course I emailed him and said I was interested. He said to email him my name and shipping address, and he would get back in touch.

A few minutes later I received a very legit looking email from what appeared to be ebay. I was already suspicious because none of the emails claiming I had won came through my ebay messages.

There are many other details I would be happy to share to anyone interested. The bottom line is, any transaction done over ebay would show up in your ebay messages. If you are doing a deal and none of your correspondence show in your ebay messages, you can bet it's a scam.

I hope no one falls for this scammer. He has been reported.

Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks emmojo...Kevins

Kevin
Posted on 15 years ago

I need to mention that the scammer went by the ebay user name ebayebay55@gmail. He also goes by Jim Ketchum.

Posted on 15 years ago

From emmojo

I need to mention that the scammer went by the ebay user name ebayebay55@gmail. He also goes by Jim Ketchum.

\

I would love to "Ketchum" and tar and feather the guy...

Mike Curotto

Posted on 15 years ago

Emmojo, I hope you sent all his "emails" to eBay...

You should reports frauds and scammers asap, and provide the eBay security team with anything you've got.

There will always be scammers looking to find a fool. Trouble is, a lot of decent folk get sucked in when these artists are smooth enough.

Like you'd said, if it's not going through normal eBay channels, it's a scam. Report it immediately.

Posted on 15 years ago

I have reported Jim Ketchum aka ebayebay55@gmail within minutes after I became suspicious. In a short while I received 2 emails from ebay security.

I had off and on contact with this guy most of the day today.

He claims he is in London, but the drum was in custody with fedex in the US.

He also says his ebay store is in Mesa, AZ. he named the store but I won't.

Guys trust me, be careful. If you see a mint black oyster jazz fest come up on ebay,don't let your emotions take over. Do not acknowledge the offer if it says to email them through another source such as gmail. More to come later.Emmojo

Posted on 15 years ago

This clown has 3 listings for the same drum

FLUSH OUT THE SCAMMERS

Posted on 15 years ago

Ok, e-bay has shut down 1 of his auctions but 2 are still active

BUYER BEWARE

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]He JUST listed a dozen vintage saxophones last night....rare, rare old high-end suckers in too good a condition to be true...all with low starting bids and no reserve.

I actually was about to submit one when I saw his e-mail address.

Unbelievable.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

And now he has listed the Krupa set recently sold by Classic Vintage Drums..... Item number: 260362655062

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here