Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

EBay question

Hi.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'll try my luck...

In light of the new feedback changes...What do you guys do when you list an auction and specify that you don't allow anyone to bid with less than _____ number of transactions and _____ number of positive feedback ratings, but then a "sniper" bidder with low transactions and/or questionable feedback ratings wins the auction at the last second?

It seems like about the best you can do as a seller is to cancel the auction, put the bidder on a block-bidder list and re-list the item...but what can you do about bad bidders now that feedback from sellers is not allowed?

And what do you do about fake bidders who come in early to jack up the bids into the stratosphere without ever intending to follow through if they win?

Would it be a feasible option to just list Buy It Now auctions with no bids allowed?

What are the "loopholes" to get around these new EBay changes? Are there any "creative solutions"?guitar3

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago

O,

If it's any help here's what I do. Number one, have good selling instructions. Make sure that anyone with a certain number of feedback who bids can only pay with your preference of payment. Me personally, if under 10, you have to pay with PayPal or Postal Money Order. Secondly, everything I've sold I have never had anyone flake, mind you I've had some unhappy people who wanted to return something, but I refer them to my selling instructions.

Here's my return policy:

If item is not to your satisfaction I will refund your original bid and original cost of shipping, not the cost of shipping back if you are unsatisfied with the product. The item must be received back as it was shipped, if there is any damage, buyer's refund may reflect the condition of received item. I describe all products to the best of my knowledge and inspection.

My selling instructions:

Payment is accepted by PayPal, money order, cashier's check or personal check unless you have a 5 or less feedback(I MUST INSIST ON PAYPAL OR MONEY ORDER) I WILL HOLD PERSONAL CHECKS UNTIL THEY CLEAR, THEN I WILL SHIP. I offer three shipping services, it's your choice. Please contact me after winning bid and let me know your preference. INSURANCE IS YOUR OPTION. I will not be responsible for damage during shipping. If you are not in the lower 48, contact me for shipping rates.

I don't have a lot of feedback, 163, but all are positive, even the ones who didn't like the product. As far as the new system, it sucks not being able to leave bad feedback for a seller, Ebay wants everyone to be happy and Stepford wife-like. The old system worked just as good as anything.

As far as snipers, if they bid my stuff high enough, I don't care who gets it, as long as they are paying....

Backbeatkeeper

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 16 years ago

So now, you as a buyer leave a good faith positive for a seller, who is a lazy ass, and that seller does not post positive feedback for you.......it is essentially a negative. I am liking ebay less and less over the past few months. And I have a 305 positive rating. About ten percent of ebay sellers are deadbeats as feedbacke posters.

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 16 years ago

Well, I mostly sell high-end drum items only very occasionally and I suppose the people who would be seriously interested are also going to be serious buyers and not just some flakes playing games...so I think I'm going to just go to Buy It Now terms and require a minimum of 20 feedbacks and those all positive.

No matter how well I list my terms, I always seem to find the flakes...or they find me, I should say! I'm talking about first-time bidders who want to have it be the same way as if they stepped into a BEST BUY STORE. I'm not a store! I don't have a return policy because I feel like the EBay thing is more like an electronic yard sale and not a store front. It's up to the buyer to ask questions, review the item, etc. Buyers should ONLY bid when they are satisfied they are bidding on what they know they will be getting. And, as a seller, IF there are any (even the slightest) problem(s), then it's MY responsibility to list them in the description.

So, I think for my sales, I am going with the Buy It Now price I want. It kind of sucks to do things that way, but without the ability to "defend" myself should the situation arise, I need to weed out the serious bidders from the flakes up front.

Thanks for the responses so far.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here