Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Early70's SSB Progressive Jazz

Early70's SSB Progressive Jazz (12/14/20) re-wrapped in Blue Glass Glitter. The drums were natural walnut, but needed a lot of attention, so I used the "tape method" to allow refinishing in the future. 1970 Acrolite hiding in the back. Filtered to bring out the blue.

Posted on 9 years ago

beautiful gretsch kit. how do heads fit with the tape wrap?

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 9 years ago

Thanks. It had Remo Ambassadors on top/bottom and some were tight. Recently switched to Evans 360 G2's on the top and Evans 360 Clear Resonant on the bottom. They fit a little better. Good sounding head combination too.

Posted on 9 years ago

Very nice looking drum set! Looks brand new!

Posted on 9 years ago

I'm a big fan of the Progressive Jazz kit! Looks great!

Mark

Posted on 9 years ago

Here's a couple pictures of my son using the kit during a local talent competition two weeks ago. The Blue Glass was brilliant under the stage lights.

Yes, there's still a use for roto-toms. :rolleyes: He only used brushes to get a timbale type sound effect. If you look close, you can see a piece of the brushes flying off. After the performance, they went back to the dark corner of the basement.

* Photo by Russ Gifford

-Tim

Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here