Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

early Star badge...worlds supreme ....

Are the rods metric on these oldies?..Apparently there are some issues regarding hoops and rods on the very early 60,s drums.

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 12 years ago

Probably: yes. (Would be no prob to measure it out here - just ship it over the pond and we'll be sure ... and me: happy Storm Trooper hehe).

I don't think there was a time line when they switched between metric and inch-ish threads. It depended just on what was available at the mom of production. :2Cents:

Ralf

Vintage STAR (= Pre-Tama) website: www.star-drums.de
Posted on 12 years ago

Yes, on the Star "World's Supreme" badged drums, the t-rods and inserts should be metric. I believe this is one of the telling signifiers between Pearl and Star made drums of that era. To the best of my knowledge, Pearl seems to have always used US stardard threaded t-rods and Star made products had the metric sized threads.

This is, of course, until one of us gets ahold of a drum missing the reso hoop and we have to change out all the rods and inserts to make the drum uniform. Or is that just me? please tell me that isn't just me... (twitch, twitch, twitch...)

Posted on 12 years ago

Would these rods n inserts be available around here.....anyone??

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 12 years ago

i just picked up a Beltone bass drum... 3 STAPLED re-rings, finishing nails to hold the wrap on, and it feels like a 2-ply shell with a wrap

the threads are M6x1... i picked up a tap and die set from my local Canadian Tire store and chased the rust out of the threads on the lugs and spurs

Posted on 12 years ago

From cn679

Yes, on the Star "World's Supreme" badged drums, the t-rods and inserts should be metric. I believe this is one of the telling signifiers between Pearl and Star made drums of that era. To the best of my knowledge, Pearl seems to have always used US stardard threaded t-rods and Star made products had the metric sized threads.This is, of course, until one of us gets ahold of a drum missing the reso hoop and we have to change out all the rods and inserts to make the drum uniform. Or is that just me? please tell me that isn't just me... (twitch, twitch, twitch...)

Nope, not just you... me too. Hurting

fishwaltz
Posted on 12 years ago

From wayne

Would these rods n inserts be available around here.....anyone??

Yes Wayne,The Trods and inserts are metric..Star used two types of odd metric threads on the trods one is a odd thin thread the other is a odd fatter thread..I do have both these of threads also rods for the bass drum and toms/snares..Also have inserts....Mikey

Posted on 12 years ago

Wonderful!!1...If i do this deal,i,ll send you what i need....FYI, ITS A 4 PC red sprkl in very good condition...minus a handful of trods and inserts for 250???

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 12 years ago

From wayne

Wonderful!!1...If i do this deal,i,ll send you what i need....FYI, ITS A 4 PC red sprkl in very good condition...minus a handful of trods and inserts for 250???

Wayne,At 250.00 if the set has stands and or cymbals its a fair price.No stands/cymbals more like 150.00...Mikey

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here