Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Early 70's Gretsch wood snare

I just bought a near mint, early 70's, 6 1/2" x 14, wooden Gretsch snare. I was hoping you guys could help me with how I might have done on the deal. I haven't seen any of these on ebay until now and I had to have it. The snare is all original, has the serial # tag intact and silver interior finish and original snares. Can anyone offer an estimate? I paid $455.00.

3 attachments
Vintage Drum Fan (Not a Guru)
Posted on 16 years ago

Hey there! The snare looks fine, I bought a Gretsch snare in Gold Sparkle some time ago on eBay (same size and badge) and paid $365 USD... But I haven't seen the wooden ones too often, so I would guess your price was ok. Steve Maxwell told me that the price I paid was acceptable..

Although the early StopSignBadge drums are still less valued than Round Badges, they do sound great!! (this was my first reply in this forum, I signed up today...will arrange pictures of drums asap )Yes Sir

sveinosound
Posted on 16 years ago

Although our purchases are very different, and like you say, the SS badged drums are not as sought-after (I'm not that savy regarding such), that was helpful. I'm sure I paid too much, but it's a beautiful snare and it is of the same era as my kit. Who says money can't buy you happiness?

Thanks.

Bill

Vintage Drum Fan (Not a Guru)
Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here