Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

Early 60's Trixon kit

Hi folks,

An old guy from work was moving home a couple of weeks back and with myself being in a band asked if i was interested in his old kit out of his garage. Could'nt believe it when I got round, lovely vintage Trixon kit. From searching the net it appears to be a Trixon Luxus which he bought second hand in late 62/63, cymbals he said he bought around 57 but not sure what the make is as can't see any stamps. I've attached a couple of pics with the old guy having a play.

Have you any idea's what this would be worth? Am a little concerned in letting our heavy handed drummer loose with them and it's a shame for them to sit and not be used. Am considering parting now as sure there is an enthusiast out there who'd love to give then a good home.

Thanks,

Dan

2 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

Those cymbals could be the real gold here!!..The kit im guessing at 8-1k.Very nice drums...Make that 12-1500.

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 13 years ago

Thanks for the quick response Wayne!

What's best to give the cymbals a clean without damaging finishes so I can see if there are any distinguishing marks? If there are no marks, how can I identify the make... all i'll have is sizes, brought new in 1957 and that they are in the hefty original wooden box? I'll take some pics of them in detail and post them on here too. Thankyou

Posted on 13 years ago

That is one fine kit!!! with the cymbals,worth $$$$.oo.MME

58-Blue Diamond-Pearl Clubdates
65-WMP Clubdates
66-Green Sparkle Clubdates
67-Root Beer Clubdates
65-Cream tiger-stripe Pearl Presidents
60's Red Sparkle Artist LTD
60's yellow sparkle Trixon's
??'s Kingston-MIJ--3piece kit/Pearl snare
many vintage pedals,cymbals,parts,ect,ect
Posted on 13 years ago

Am I glad I didn't let our drummer loose... history could have been broken!

I think everything is with the kit that came with it the day it was sold - in the original snare box, is foot pedal, spare stands, bass drum cymbal stand, brushes, cowbell, wooden block, keys and even a packet for some trixon sticks!

Posted on 13 years ago

You,ll find a logo somewhere on those cymbals.Hold it up to the light on an angle.I have a few you can barely make out the Zildjian stamp and im guessing yours are the sameJump For Joy

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 13 years ago

Very nice. I'm sure they could bring $1500. Looks like rivets on that ride!

Get off! Get your f**in' clothes and get off! Right now! Pull the f**in' bus over! -Buddy Rich
Posted on 13 years ago

That is a beautiful kit. As the others have mentioned you made a very good score. To find a kit with all the original pieces is a miracle. I wish the PO of my Trixons would have kept them. I would bet there are many here who would be interested in the kit.

I'm sure Diamond will be chiming in soon.

Posted on 13 years ago

I'm guessing that at least the hi-hat and the sizzle are Super Zyns.

Posted on 13 years ago

Love the books under everything! 16" hats?

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here