Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Early 60's Sonors

Thinking about grabbing these only thing missing is hi-hat stand. Very expensive though 1700 cdn.

1 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

I don't know about "expensive" considering the condition and market on a comparable modern kit, if you can consider a modern comparable....but the sizes, is that an 18? gorgeous drums....me likey!!!

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

I had a tear drop WMP a few years ago minus the snare drum and paid 500 for mine,and they were in great shape.They are wonderful sounding drums but todays market is different.If you JUST have to have them,then go for it...That appears to be a 20,13,16 combo??

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 14 years ago

from looking at the snare,if it is a 14,the ft appears to be the same size,so if that is 12 14 18 bop kit ,if they exist, I can see it bringing close that kind of money,esp if it is in really good condition,with the hardware.I would consider that a desirable wrap esp with bop sizes.I could be wrong but I think if the kick is a 20 that price is very optomistic.But if that is your dream kit,besides the hh stand it is all there,I have heard that finding mounts and related parts can be tough,and expensive.

Posted on 14 years ago

I bought a red ruby wrap 22-13-16 + some hardware for about $600 in Vancouver last year. Found the snare later for $350 on ebay. Total with 2 cymbal floor stands, bd cymbal holder, snare, hi-hat, and pedal totaled out at about $1200.

Think the price is a bit high unless they are rare sizes. Not many complete teardrop sets around, so might be worth it to you. If you want it, try to talk him down a bit. You never know. Cash in hand talks best.

Posted on 14 years ago

Price is too high. I have a teardrop in rosewood that I would sell for less. With what I think might be the same snare.

Posted on 14 years ago

I've seen Tommy's kit. It is spectactular.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here