Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Early 40's WFL kit!

off set lugs. RARE!

16x24 kick

14x16 floor (basket/no legs)

9x13 tom

7x11 tom

i think its from around 1943.

the closest thing i've seen to it is the "Victorious" era kit from 1942.

it has the WFL Keystone Badge with the words Wm. F Ludwig President around vent hole.

obviously its not completely original. all the lugs/hoops would of been wood not metal. but i just thought i'd share.

: )

1 attachments
89.5 kB
nashu.bandcamp.com
Posted on 14 years ago

Your kit is AWESOME!!! and it is original!! those are the correct hoops and rims!!!BowingYes SirCool1

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

are you sure?

i know the lugs in the middle of the kick aren't because they're Slingerland.

nashu.bandcamp.com
Posted on 14 years ago

From LudwigLover

are you sure?i know the lugs in the middle of the kick aren't because they're Slingerland.

the toms sure are, take a better or another pic of the lugs of the bass drum, If you post it here it goes to the gallery post it in the is it a good deal section!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

i did already post one in there. trying to find out what its worth.

but i know the lugs in the middle of the kick are Slingerland because they say "slingerland" on them. haha

nashu.bandcamp.com
Posted on 14 years ago

does the bass drum have a cloud badge on it like this pic!! your bass drum is a slingerland radio king!

Posted on 14 years ago

no no no. the whole kit is def WFL. just the lugs in the middle of the kick aren't WFL/Ludwig. i'm not as dumb as i look. ; )

nashu.bandcamp.com
Posted on 14 years ago

No no I wasn't implying that, I just don't understand how the slingerland parts are on a wfl!! since as you know both men Didn't care for each other, definitely a previous owner did it??

Posted on 14 years ago

i hear you. the gentlemen i bought them from didn't. i think that's how he got them.

nashu.bandcamp.com
Posted on 14 years ago

Nice! The original off-set lugs, haha!

....lovin' that vintage sound
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here