Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

Early 1960s Premier Full Kit - Black Pearl

All,

I have a complete Premier Kit dating from 1963 that needs a couple repairs but is otherwise in nearly perfect condition. The only issues are 1) the hi-hat spring needs replacement and 2) the front hoop on the 22' bass drum needs to be stripped and repainted and the black pearl insert reattached. Does anyone know a competent trustworthy drum restorer who could do this for me?

I would also like to source a replacement front head for the bass drum with the Premier logo as the 50 year old original is looking a little tired. Once fully restored, I intend to sell it. Includes a complete set of 50-year old US-made Zildjain cymbals and even the original cloth cases! This kit was played gently by my Dad while listening to Ahmad Jamal albums and never taken out on a gig; so it really looks like it came from a time capsule!

Any advice on a proper repair person would be greatly appreciated.

BritDrums

Posted on 11 years ago

Those sound like very insignificant repairs. I'd sell 'em as is. Got pics?

Posted on 11 years ago

I agree, I wouldn't do anything to it at this point. Let the potential buyer make the call as to what they feel needs done if anything. You'll get more bites selling is as-is. We'd love to see it though if you can post some photos. Thanks.

The greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you. - Joyce Meyer
Posted on 11 years ago

OK, thanks for the advice. I will take photos and post them soon. What's the best place to advertise the kit for sale?

BritDrums

Posted on 11 years ago

Please do post some pics... and what are the sizes? I may be very interested in these!

Post in the "For Sale" section of this very forum.

Best,

Aaron

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here