Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

Dynasonic storage question

Most of my drums currently reside in cases, stacked up (or strewn about...) in the corner. I've decided to purchase a shelving unit to display some of my snares. Unfortunately, the pesky rail and guards on my Dynasonic make it impossible to sit the drum flat, and it doesn't seem wise to balance the drum on the guards. I also don't want to put it on its side, as that would put pressure on the crack-prone B&B lugs. Does anyone have advice on this? I may try to fashion some guard-height blocks to sit under the bearing edge and distribute the weight a little more. But that does seem like a bit of a chore. Thoughts?

Posted on 14 years ago

I have several dynas and I don't think just sitting them on the guards, will cause any damage. You might want to put something under the guards so as not to add any scratches to the chrome. I wouldn't want to sit the drum on the snare frame itself, but that's not likely with the guards.

Posted on 14 years ago

You can make a small cradle and display them on their side. Made one out of wood with felt where it touches drum. Spaced it so contact points were between lugs.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here